Monday 25 May 2009

Mr and Mrs Oakley

I have some Oakley sunglasses. They cost me a lot of money so I look after them as best I can. Unfortunately over the years they have met with a few mishaps leaving them needing repairs. After collecting an Oakley returns box I have posted them to the relevant department at Oakley HQ, accompanied by a letter explaining my needs. This letter has always been the highlight for me of what is a boring process. Writing it with my left hand in the style of a small child hopefully makes the day more interesting for Oakley's assigned mechanic and I believe is the reason I've never been charged and, in one instance, been given a brand new pair of glasses for free. This is excellent customer relations from Oakley and now I tell everyone I meet to buy their glasses. This wonderful company's website is here.

Anyway, my latest letter to Oakley read as follows...

12th May 2009
Dear Mr & Mrs Oakley (I am assuming you are still together),
It's happened again. My dad has once again bent his beloved sunglasses and, once again, he is distrawt at this loss. He is more upset than when mum left.
Heer is what happened...
Dad and his new girlfriend (who is lovely, you'd like her) went for a piknik up the hill at that nice bit. They were enjoying the sunshine but then it got cloudy so my dad took off his glasses because of all the clouds.
When his girlfriend got up to leave, somehow the arm of the glasses got caught in her jacket and bent. Dad has tried to get them back into shape so as not to bother you but they don't stay in that shape and are wonky on my dad's face making his head look lop-sided and weird, giving me freequant nightmares about trendy zombies.
While Dad doesn't blame his girlfriend for what happened it has put quite a strain on their relationship.
Since you have always been so good to us in the past I thought I would write again. Dad really loves his Oakleys and always encourages people to "buy Oakley." In fact, I don't know if you have sales figures to hand from the Cheltenham region but I would imagine he would be indirectly responsible for the majority of those sales. He is very much an ambassadoor for Oakley.
Please oh please can you fix my dad's glasses? You would be making a sad man very happy.
Thank you Mr & Mrs Oakley! You're the best!

love from
Chris Smith, aged 8... and a bit

2 comments: